We’ve been officially in the house for a week and a half. What I learned about moving Part Four:
- Cleaning the “other” house to get it ready to rent SUCKS! There is way more to clean when you don’t have any stuff in the house
- Having a green metal roof is awesome as a reference for the movers . . . until it snows. Then the roof isn’t green anymore and looks like every other roof.
- Unpacking the main living spaces (kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, offices) makes everything seem comfy and like home in no time at all.
- Being comfy and feeling at home makes it difficult to get motivated to unpack the rest of the house.
- When you have a 60 degree week, you should mark your new un-straight driveway with those orange pole thingies. If you don’t, then it snows 5 feet, it’s very difficult to figure out where your own driveway is.
- Hauling two large cans of trash and the extra boxes down to the end of the driveway through 3 feet of snow in -10 temps is not nearly as fun as dragging them to the end of a 30 foot driveway.
- Hauling two large cans of trash and the extra boxes down to the end of the driveway through 3 feet of snow in -10 temps is AWESOME . . . if you’re a dog.
- Men will do anything in their power to get the TV and all that goes with it set up so they can watch the superbowl the day after you move.
Love love loving the new house! Amazing how easy it is to get settled in a new space. Looking forward to awesome weather this weekend so we can get the garage and shed organized. Both of those places have been holding zones for all the stuff we didn’t feel like dealing with when we moved.